2nd CfP for Open Knowledge Festival
The second round Call for Proposals for the Open Knowledge Festival has been launched. The Open Knowledge Festival will take place in September in Helsinki, Finland, and combines the Open Knowledge Conference and Open Government Data Camp as they were organized in recent years.
The 2012 theme of OKFestival is Open Knowledge in Action. The program is crowdsourced to a large extent (with guest programmers populating the various thematic streams)
In the first round of the Call for Proposals thematic proposals were sollicited. Based on the results of that first round, thematic streams have now been selected. In the second round these streams can now be populated with specific sessions and contributions. The submission form is online. The deadline for submitting contributions is 1 June.
Thematic streams in which proposals will be considered are:
- Open Democracy and Citizen Movements
- Open Government Data
- Open Cities (including Open Transport Data)
- Open Design, Hardware, Manufacturing & Making
- Open Cultural Heritage
- Open Development
- Open Research and Education
- Open Geodata
- Open Source Software
- Data Journalism and Data Visualization
- Gender / Diversity in Openness
- Open Business and Corporate Data
- Open Knowledge and Sustainability
More info can be found in the public planning wiki of the festival.