Linked Open Government Data at ICT2010
Brussels, 28 September 2010
Euroalert.net reports extensively about the session that took place at the ICT2010 event in Brussels on Linked Open Government Data:
Around 150 experts were present at the networking session on Governmental Linked Data with the aim to establish a forum for networking and exchanging ideas with regard to publishing and linking government data.
The main conclusions of the networking session:
- difficulties to reuse public data go far beyond the technical ones
- make raw data available first, and improve them later with Linked Data technologies
- transparency and openness is not achieved only by releasing data, Governments must also be aware that publication has to be done in an appropriate way.
- publishing of data produced by governments is a crucial step towards more openness, transparency and citizen involvement.
- the Linked Data paradigm can serve as a powerful enabler for integrating data published by local, regional, national and European public administrations